Decisions not issued until 4 PM
– Supreme State Security Prosecution is considering the imprisonment renewal hearing of journalist Mohamed Ahmed Ezz, accused in the case No. 205 of 2018 State security. The decision hasn’t been made yet.
– Supreme State Security Prosecution is also considering the detention renewal of political activist Hazem Abdelazim pending investigations into the case No. 441 of 2018 State Security, and hasn’t yet reached a decision.
– State Security Prosecution is also considering the detention renewal of journalist Mohamed Abo Zeid pending probe in the case No. 441 of 2018 State Security, and hasn’t yet reached a decision.
– State Security Prosecution is considering the imprisonment renewal of blogger Wael Abbas in case No. 441 of 2018 State Security, and hasn’t made its decision so far.
– Cairo Criminal Court decided, yesterday night, to extend the detention of journalist Moataz Wadnan for 45 days pending investigations in case No. 441 of 2018 State Security.
– Cairo Criminal Court also decided, yesterday night, to renew the incarceration of video editor Ahmed Tareq, AKA Arnoub, for 45 days, in case No. 467 of 2018 State Security.
– Belbeis Prosecution ordered the imprisonment renewal of 9 defendants, accused of incitement to protest in the communiqué No. 1011 of 2018 (Emergency State Security Misdemeanors Criminal), for 15 days pending probe.
– The Military Court ruled to adjourn the trial of 292 suspects in the case No. 148 Military, known in media as the “Assassination attempt of Sisi and the former Saudi Crown Prince” case, for the July 25 hearing; to continue the defense’s pleading.
– The investigating judge ordered the release of Suzanne Fayyad, one of the founders of the Nadeem Center for Rehabilitation of Victims of Violence and Torture, on bail of EGP 20,000 pending investigations in the case No. 173 of 2011, AKA “civil society organizations”.