Decisions not reached until 4 PM
The Supreme State Security Prosecution is considering the detention renewal of blogger Wael Abbas, journalist Shorouk Amgad and photojournalist Mohammed Abu Zeid in case No. 441 of 2018 State Security. The decision has not yet been reached.
– Cairo Criminal Court is considering the detention renewal of journalist Islam Gheit in case No. 977 of 2017 State Security. The decision has not yet been reached.
– Kasr el-Nile Prosecution is conducting investigations with poet al-Baraa Hassan in case No. 8703 of 2018 Kasr el-Nile Misdemeanors. The decision has not yet been reached.
– The Military Court is presiding over the trial of 292 defendants in the “Abdel Fattah al-Sisi and the Saudi Crown Prince assassination attempt” case. The decision has not yet been reached.
– Cairo Criminal Court adjourned yesterday the trial of 24 defendants in the “Harming the national economy” case to the July 26 session.
– Cairo Criminal Court adjourned yesterday the trial of 30 defendants in the “Matariya violence incidents” case to the August 14 session.
– The Supreme State Security Prosecution decided yesterday to renew the detention of the lawyer Muhammad Shaaban in case No. 585 of 2018 State Security, to renew the detention of video editor Ahmed Tareq AKA Arnoub in case No. 467 of 2018 State Security and to renew the detention of lawyer Ali Rashad Rifai, the founder of Misr news website in case No. 441 of 2018 State Security for 15 days pending investigations.
– The Court of Cassation accepted the appeal submitted by 1538 defendants, including former Ahly football player Mohammed Abu Treka and journalist Hisham Jaafar against the decision to place their names on terrorist entity lists for 3 years, and returned the case to the criminal court
– The Supreme Council for Media Regulation decided to put a gag order in the Child Cancer Hospital 57357 case until the Ministerial Committee finishes examining its situation.
– Giza Criminal Court decided to set the retrial of 4 defendants accused in the case known as the Alf Maskan incidents case for the July 28 session to pronounce the verdict.
– Cairo Criminal Court decided to renew the detention of journalist Hisham Jaafar for 45 days pending investigations in case No. 720 of 2015 State Security.
– Cairo Criminal Court decided to adjourn the retrial procedures of a defendant in the case known in the media as the Media Production City Violence Incidents case for the July 2 September.
– Cairo Criminal Court decided to set the retrial procedures of a defendant in the case known in the media as the Surrounding of Nasr City Court case for pronouncing the verdict on the August 30 session.
– Giza Criminal Court decided to adjourn the retrial procedure of 2 defendants in the Giza violence incidents case for the August 30 session to continue the defense pleading.
– The Terrorism Chamber of Sohag Criminal Court, sentenced one defendant to three years rigorous imprisonment on charges of joining a terrorist group in Akhmim.
– The Military Court decided to extend the sentencing session on 53 defendants in the Advanced Committees case for the July 17 session.
– The Court of Cassation accepted the appeal filed by the defendants on the verdicts issued in the case known as Sidi Gaber violence incidents and returned the case papers to the Criminal Court.