– Mansoura Criminal Court renewed the detention of activist Mohamed Adel for 45 days pending Case No. 5606 of 2018 Aga Administrative, despite the fact that he has already exceeded the maximum two-year period legally permitted for pretrial detention.
– Cairo Economic Misdemeanor Court decided, today Monday, to adjourn the trial of ‘Mazen A.’ and ‘Shaimaa A.’ accused in Menna Abdel-Aziz’s Case (No. 1319 of 2020), which is known in the media as “TikTok Girl”, regarding social media posts. The trial was postponed for the hearing of November 10, 2020 to carry out the measures of disqualifying the court’s judges.
– The 2nd Terrorism Circuit convened at Tora Court Complex adjourned the retrial procedures of one defendant in the case of “Rabaa Operation Room” for the hearing of December 8, for pleading the case.
– Giza Criminal Court adjourned the detention renewal of journalist Haytham Hassan pending Case No. 586 of 2020 State Security for the hearing of November 9 due to the defendant’s absence although he was present at his jail in the courthouse.
– North Cairo Criminal Court adjourned the retrial procedures of former Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq, along with some officials from the civil aviation sector, in the case known as “aviation corruption”, for the hearing of December 7 for pleadings.
– The investigating authorities at the Ministry of Justice decided, for the second time, to summon the judge and father of the young boy who is accused of verbally assaulting and bullying against a policeman after arresting his son and four of his friends this morning.
Decisions not issued until 5 pm
– Giza Criminal Court is presiding over the detention renewal session of lawyer and former MP Zyiad El-Eliemy and journalists Hossam Moaniz and Hisham Fouad, as well as the precautionary measures issued against Ahmed Tamam pending Case No. 930 of 2019 State Security which is known in the media as the “Hope Case”.
– Giza Criminal Terrorism Court is presiding over the detention renewal session of workers Khalil Rezk and Haytham Abdel-Moneim Abdel-Raouf pending Case No. 1475 of 2019 State Security.