– The 5th circuit of the criminal court (Terrorism) renewed, yesterday, the detention of the following for 45 days:
Lawyer Mohab Youssri El-Ebrash, Hussein Khamis Mohamed, Hassan Mostafa Abdel-Fattah, Islam Adel Mohamed, while it ordered the continuation of the precautionary measures issued against Adham Ahmed Abo Deif for 45 days pending investigations into Case No. 1898 of 2019 State Security.
– South Giza Prosecution renewed the detention of Khaled Ismail Abdel-Fattah for 15 days pending Case No. 21001 of 2020 Boulaq Dakrur State Security Misdemeanor.
– The 5th circuit of the criminal court (Terrorism) set the retrial of 9 defendants in the case of “January Revolution’s 3rd Anniversary incidents” for adjudication at the hearing of December 29. The defendants are challenging the high-security prison sentence issued in-absentia against them in the case.
– Cairo Criminal Court, convened at the Fifth Settlement, adjourned the trial hearing of former Finance Minister Youssef Botrus Ghali in the Case No. 6 of 2013 Nasr City, known in the media as “Gas Coupons” for the hearing of December 29, 2020 for pleading the case.
Decisions not issued
– The 5th circuit of the criminal court (Terrorism) is considering the detention renewal of human rights lawyer Mohamed al-Baqer, activist Alaa Abdel-Fattah and blogger Mohamed Oxygen in Case No. 1356 of 2019 State Security, but hasn’t reached a decision so far.
– The 1st circuit of Cairo Criminal Court is presiding over the trial of 215 defendants in the case known in the media as “Helwan Brigades”, but hasn’t reached a decision so far.