– The 5th circuit at the criminal court renewed the detention of researcher and journalist Shaimaa Samy and activist Nermin Hussein for 45 days pending Case No. 535 of 2020.
– The court also renewed the detention of worker Yasser Antar Abdel-Latif for 45 days pending investigations into the same aforementioned case.
– The court also renewed the detention of Dr. Abdel-Moneim Abo El-Fetouh for 45 days pending Case No. 440 of 2018 despite the fact that he has already exceeded the two-year maximum period of pretrial detention stipulated in law.
– The 1st circuit at Cairo Criminal Court sentenced consultant engineer Mamdouh Hamza to 6 months in prison with force and labor pending Case No. 48 of 2020 State Security, registered under No. 2 of 2020 Downtown Cairo.
Decisions not issued until 5pm
– The 5th circuit at the criminal court has just considered the detention renewal of lawyer Mohab Yousri Ragab El-Ebrashi, Hussein Khamis Mohamed, activist Hassan Mostafa Abdel-Fattah, and Islam Ali Mohamed Abbas pending Case No. 1898 of 2019 State Security, but hasn’t reached a decision so far.
– The court has also finished considering the precautionary measures issued against Adham Ahmed Abo Deif pending the same aforementioned case.
– The court has also finished considering the detention renewal of Abdel-Hamid Ali Abdel-Hamid pending Case No. 738 of 2019 State Security, but hasn’t reached a decision so far.