– Giza Criminal Court set the retrial procedures of Abdel-Rahman Ashraf Khalil and 86 others for adjudication at 7 October 2020 in the case known in the media as “Rabaa Sit-in dispersal”.
– The Court of Cassation issued today a final verdict- not subject to appeal- upholding the life imprisonment issued by the criminal court against Mohamed Badie, Khairat al-Shater, and others in the case known in the media as “The Guidance Office incidents”.
– The Court of Cassation decided, today (Thursday), to reject the appeal submitted by the defendant convicted of killing Abi Dhabi Bank Chairman Nevein lofty. The court, accordingly, upheld the death sentence issued by the criminal court against the defendant making it a final ruling.
– The Court of Cassation decided, today, to adjourn the appeal filed by a defendant accused in the case publicly known as “The siege of Nasr City Court” challenging the 3-year prison sentence issued against him. The court postponed the appeal for the hearing of 22 October 2020.
– Egypt’s cabinet approved a bill proposed by the Justice Ministry to keep the identity of victims of sexual assault and harassment confidential. The draft law stipulates that a victim’s information shall not be mentioned in circulated records and documents, but rather kept in a sub-file possessed by the investigator, provided that this file is presented to the court, the accused or the defense upon request. Whoever discloses this confidentiality shall be punished in accordance with article 310 of the Penal Code.