– The Court of Cassation upheld, yesterday evening, the 15-year high-security prison sentence issued against political activist Ahmed Doma, while obliging him to pay a fine of 6 million worth of damages. On the other hand, the court mitigated the ruling handed down against actor Tarek al-Nahri and 10 others to 15 years of imprisonment. The two has been convicted of taking part in the “Cabinet incidents”.
– Giza Criminal Court adjourned, yesterday evening, the retrial procedures of 7 defendants in the case known as “Al-Fath Mosque incidents” for the hearing of August 8.
– Cairo Criminal Court has adjourned the retrial of former Finance Minister Youssef Botrous Ghali in the case known in the media as “customs corruption” for the hearing of August 8, until hearing the prosecution and the defense’s pleadings.
– Giza Criminal Court has adjourned the trial of 87 defendants in the case known in the media as “Rabaa Sit-in dispersal” for the hearing of July 9, to proceed with hearing the defense’s pleadings.
– Giza Criminal Court has set the sentencing hearing in the retrial procedures of one defendant accused in the case known in the media as “Isis’s Upper Egypt” at 10 September 2020.
– Cairo Criminal Court has adjourned considering the detention renewal of the following defendants to a hearing to be set later:
– Labor activist Khalil Rezk and Haytham Abdel-Moneim pending the Case No. 1475 of 2019
– Human rights lawyer Amr Imam, researcher Ibrahim Ezz El-Din, journalist Hossam al-Sayyad, his wife Solafa Magdy, journalists Mohamed Salah and Esraa Abdel-Fattah pending the Case No. 488 of 2019.
– Journalist Adel-Sabry, chief editor of “Masr El-Arabyia” news website, pending the Case No. 441 of 2018
– Activists Hassan Mostafa and Hussein Khamis pending the Case No. 1898 of 2019.
– Minors Sayed al-Garayihi, Ahmed Mohamed, Abdel-Rahman Mohamed and Abdel-Ghani Ali pending the Case No. 1530 of 2019.