Decisions not issued until 5 PM
– The Supreme State Security Prosecution is considering the imprisonment renewal of Shady Abo Zeid in case No. 621 of 2018 State Security, and hasn’t made its decision yet.
– The Supreme State Security Prosecution, decided, yesterday night, to extend the detention of human rights lawyer Haytham Mohamden for 15 days pending investigations conducted with him in case No. 718 of 2018 State Security.
– State Security Prosecution also ordered, yesterday night, the imprisonment renewal of activist Aml Fathy for 15 days pending investigations in case No. 621 of 2018 State Security.
– Al- Sayeda Zeinab Misdemeanor Court sentenced journalist Hamdy al-Zaeim to three years in prison against the backdrop of being charged with spreading false news and data into case No. 13935 of 2015 Sayeda Zeinab Misdemeanors.
– Giza Criminal Court ordered the acquittal of two defendants over the retrial procedure in the case known in media as “Kerdasa violence incidents”.
– Giza Criminal Court sentenced 4 defendants to life in prison in the case known in media as “burning Kafr Hakim Church”.
– Cairo Criminal Court turned down the appeal filed by political activist Amrr Ali, against the decision to detain him for 45 days pending investigations in case No. 473 of 2014 State Security, and upheld the aforementioned decision accordingly.
– The Military Court adjourned the sentencing hearing against 8 Al-Zamalek Club fans into the case known in media as “White Knights” for the August 14 hearing.
– The Military Court adjourned the sentencing hearing against 3 Al-Zamalek Club fans into the case known in media as “storming the National Security headquarters” for the August 14 hearing.
– The Military Court sentenced poet Galal al-Behiery to three years in prison in addition to a fine of EGP 10,000 for being accused of insulting the military establishment against the backdrop of publishing a collection of poems dubbed “The Best Women on Earth”.