– Giza Criminal Court adjourned the trial of 14 defendants in the case known in the media as “Returnees from Kuwait” for a hearing held on the 3rd of January, 2022.
– Cairo Criminal Court adjourned the trial of 22 defendants in the case known in the media as “qualitative committees” and the suspects accused of detaining and torturing a citizen and killing another citizen against the backdrop of their cooperation with the security forces. The case has been adjourned for a hearing held on 29 December 2021.
– Mansoura Emergency State Security Misdemeanor Court adjourned the trial of Patrick George Zaki, researcher at the Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights (EIPR), to the first of February 2022, while ordering his release.
– Giza Criminal Court adjourned the retrial of 19 defendants in the case known in the media as “Al-Nahda sit-in dispersal” for the fourth of January 2022.
Decisions not issued until 4:30 pm
– The Third Terrorism Circuit at Cairo Criminal Court has considered the detention renewal of 304 defendants in cases Nos. 910 of 2021, 853 of 2021, 810 of 2019, which involves publisher Ismail Gad (ANHRI’s client), Case No. 515 of 2019, which includes ANHRI’s client and human rights lawyer Amr Imam, blogger Radwa Mohamed, and journalists Moataz Abdel-Nabi and Atef Hassab Al-Nabi.