– Cairo Criminal Court decided, yesterday evening, to replace the pretrial detention of lawyers Islam Khairy, Shamel Selim and Mohamed Ghaith Abdallah, and Dr. Ahmed Wahid and Al-Said Kamel Tantawi with precautionary measures pending Case No. 1338 of 2019 State Security.
– The 5th (Terrorism) Circuit at Cairo Criminal Court set the retrial procedures of one defendant accused in the “Al-Warraq violence incidents” Case for adjudication at the hearing of November 17, 2020.
– Cairo Criminal Court sentenced Abdel-Rahman Mohamed al-Gendi to 5 years in prison after convicting him in the case known in the media as “Al-Azbakyia incidents”.
– The 5th (Terrorism) Circuit at Cairo Criminal Court adjourned the trial of 11 defendants in the case publicly known as “Spying for Isis” for the hearing of October 5, 2020.
– The 5th (Terrorism) Circuit at Cairo Criminal Court set the retrial procedures of defendant Mostafa Ali, which is known in the media as “The arson of Al-Warraq district presidency’s building”, for adjudication at the hearing of November 17, 2020.
– Cairo Economic Appellant Court adjourned the appeal submitted by Haneen Hossam, Mawwada Al-Adham and 3 others challenging the 2-year prison sentence and the 300 thousand EGP issued against them on a charge of violating the family principles and values. The appeal was postponed for the hearing of October 13, 2020 for the witnesses’ presence.
– Cairo Economic Appellant Court adjourned the trial of the defendants accused in the case of “Menna Abdel-Aziz” regarding the posts shared on social media for the hearing of September 21, 2020 for the case’s pleadings.