– Dar Al Salam Appellate Misdemeanor Court upheld the acquittal of journalist Abdel Nasser Zidan in 5 cases for insulting and slandering the president of Zamalek Club, Mortada Mansour. The court rejected the five appeals submitted by the president of Zamalek Club against the acquittal of Zidan, thus rendering the acquittal definitive.
– The Economic Court decided today, Monday, to adjourn the trial of Sama Al-Masry, on charges of a new case of incitement to immorality and profanity, for the July 27 session, to include an official copy of communique No. 410 of 2020, for relevance.
Decisions not issued until 3 PM:
– Cairo Terrorism Criminal Court continues the trial of consultant Eng. Mamdouh Hamza, on charges of incitement to commit a terrorist crime by posting on his personal Twitter account in case No. 48 of 2020 State Security Criminals, which is registered as case No. 2 of 2020 Central Cairo.
– It was not possible to transfer human rights lawyer Mohsen Bahnassi to the State Security Prosecution for the consideration of his detention renewal and the prosecution renewed his detention on paper in his absence for 15 days in case No. 585 of 2020.
– It was not possible to transfer Shady Abu Zaid to the Cairo Terrorism Criminal Court for the consideration of his detention renewal in case No. 1956 of 2019 State Security.
– It was not possible to transfer Mohammed Ali Ibrahim al-Qassas to the Cairo Terrorism Criminal Court for the consideration of his detention renewal in case No. 1781 of 2019 State Security.
– It was not possible to transfer Thair Ezzat Abdel Majeed, Ibrahim Mohamed Ibrahim, Ibrahim Medhat Abdullah, Khaled Sayed Youssef, Hamada Mohamed Siddiq, Karim Rabi` Zaidan, Mahmoud Mahrous Ahmed to the Cairo Terrorism Criminal Court for the consideration of their detention renewal in case No. 1739 of 2018 Supreme State Security.